- This course covers the development and integration of enterprise architecture related models and artifacts utilizing products from the FEAF and DOD Architecture Frameworks. This course covers the development of models using a variety of modeling techniques and notations providing broad exposure industry practices in developing architecture artifacts.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the difference between models, diagrams, and pictures to include the importance of semantics and syntax as a part of formal modeling
- Introduce the concept of modeling languages and their use in providing logical rigor along with consistency in interpretation
- How to create relevant enterprise architecture core and supporting models
- Describe EA methods, products, and tools and the relevance of visual models in enterprise architecture
- Identify and develop data models and relationships vs. entities.
- Identify and develop activity models using different modeling languages
- Describe and develop system and service architecture models using different modeling languages.
- Identify the relationship between using different model languages as a part of conveying meaning to varying stakeholder groups.